The Google Translate application is a free language translation tool that runs on PCs and laptops when they are connected to the internet. It can also be downloaded on iOS and Android mobile devices. You can use this software to instantly translate any text, image, handwritten or spoken language in seconds.
The tool works for all languages and converts text, images, handwriting, and voice in mere seconds. This is an extremely useful application for travelers and students alike.
In this blog post, I will show you step-by-step how to use the app in order to create blog posts in different languages.
First launched on April 28, 2006, this multilingual translation service supports 103 languages. Many languages are used in Google Translate including English, French, German, Indian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, and Thai.
Features and instructions for using Google Translate
1. How to translate text
Using Google Translate, one can quickly and easily translate any text. It is as simple as following these instructions:
- Open the Google Translate website, namely translate.google.com, or download the application directly for Android or iOS for iPhone users.
- Type the text to be translated or copy it.
- In the left column, paste the text for the language to be translated, and the right column will automatically display the translated language.
- In case of error, please press the back and forward arrows in the middle of the language column.
2. How to Translate Sentences
The Google Translate application supports the translation of long texts in the form of sentences as well. Even with Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology, Google is able to predict the meaning of words based on their context.
For the purpose of using Google Translate for long sentences, the steps are the same as the ones given in number one above.
3. Translating Documents
In addition to translating words and sentences, Google Translate is also capable of translating documents stored in word, pdf, ppt, and other file formats. You can do this by following these steps:
- Please open the Google Translate website.
- Click the document menu located at the top left side of the page.
- To translate a file click “browse your computer” and then select the file you wish to translate.
- The upload will take a few seconds, and then you can click “Translate”.
- Afterwards, Google Translate will show you the results in a few seconds.
4. Translate the voice
The Google online translation program can be used to translate not only in written form, but also in spoken form as well. Below are the steps:
- Enter Google Translate in your browser and choose translate.google.com from the list of available translation services.
- Click Voice if you would like voice translation.
- Then, move closer to the source of the sound to be translated and click the Speak button.
- In a few moments, you will see the translation provided by Google Translate.
5. Translate Live Conversation.
A brand new feature, Google Translate, is able to translate the sentences that are being spoken in real time. Click here for instructions on how to do it.
- Open the Google Translate application on your computer.
- Next, click the Conversations button.
- Next, select the language in which you want to translate.
- When you bring the sound source closer so that it can be heard clearly, Google Translate will automatically play the translation results in voice form, as soon as the translation is complete.
6. Translate Text in Photos
Taking things one step further, the following Google Translate feature can translate text in images as well. You can use it by following the steps below:
- Open the Google Translate app on your mobile device.
- Tap the camera button to launch it.
- Snap a picture of the text you would like to translate.
- After a short time, Google Translate will change the text in the photo to the language you have selected.
7. How to translate handwriting
The online translator application created by Google also has a number of advanced features such as being able to translate handwriting. Follow these steps to learn how to translate handwriting.
- The Google Translate page will open once you click on it.
- Simply click on the handwriting to open it.
- You will need to write down the sentence you wish to translate.
- Google Translate will automatically translate the sentence for you.
8. Translate Web pages
In addition to translating text and documents, another feature included in the Google Translate program is the possibility of translating a website as well. Follow these steps:
- Please go to Google Translate to translate this.
- Select Site in the options at the top.
- Make sure that Automatic Language Detection is selected.
- Then select the language for the destination.
- Enter the URL of the website page that needs to be translated.
- Then click on the blue button on the right side of the page.
- When you click on the blue button, a new page will be opened to display the translation results.
Thank you for taking the time to read our article on how to use Google Translate. In our experience, many people are curious about how to use Google Translate, and therefore, we wrote this article to assist you in getting started.
The Google Translate tool is an excellent tool for translating text, images, handwriting, or even speech between different languages. However, Google Translate is just a tool and as such is not perfect, despite the fact that it is very useful. For this reason, we recommend that you always re-check the results of the translation produced by Google Translate.